This is the page where I am supposed to tell you all you ever wanted to know about me. NOT. Not happening, anyway, because this is the page that is giving me writer’s block. I mean, how can I possibly sum up my entire life in just a few paragraphs? Or how do I decide which events are newsworthy and share-able? This task is impossible.
I’ve literally spent hours trying to decide what to put on this blank page so that you, the reader, will enjoy learning about me… and want to return to my website. I considered writing a synopsis. Thought about mimicking Facebook by creating a timeline. Almost wrote a Q&A, then realized how dumb it would be to interview myself. I even attempted to hire a ghostwriter.
And then it hit me. (Drum roll, please.)
I’m going to make a Top Ten List. Obviously, it won’t be all-inclusive; but it’s a start. And if, after reading this list, y’all have any burning questions about my life, feel free to ask. I’m an open book… well, almost.
TOP 10 BIZARRE FACTS, IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER
10. Although born & raised in NJ, my husband and I moved our family to Tennessee in 2005… because God told us to.
9. Like David with Goliath, I once stood up to a woman twice my size… then stood amazed as she backed down and walked away empty-handed.
8. Some of my closest friends have been people who initially scared me.
7. I met my husband online, in 1998, when online dating wasn’t popular. What’s even crazier is that we grew up a mile down the road from one another; but didn’t know it until the day we “met”.
6. The meaning of each of our children’s names (we have three.) reflects important aspects of our relationship at the time of each birth; but Brian and I didn’t plan it that way.
5. I’ve moved 14 times in my 40 years of life; but I’m not in the military.
4. I was a “dog person” all my life; but we’ve owned cats for the past thirteen years. I cringe every time Brian and the kids say they want a dog.
3. I hate coffee; but love coffee ice cream.
2. In the fifth grade, my heart’s desire was to become a truck driver.
1. I’m writing my first novel based on something I dreamed one night. Crazy. Just crazy.
Tag. You’re it. Now I’d like to hear a bizarre fact about you. Spill, Folks!